To the Members of the WVU Class of 2017—
Earlier this year West Virginia University turned 150. Celebrating our birthday has meant looking back, reflecting on our growth from a small agricultural college to a multi-campus Research One institution and honoring generations of successful graduates. It also means looking forward. We envision many more years of bringing people together and transforming our world for the better. But we don’t have to merely imagine those things. We see them embodied in you. I can’t wait to see where your journey takes you – and how your WVU education will help you change the world. Dream big. Believe with all your heart that knowledge and hard work can turn dreams into destinies. Make your work an expression of love to a world in need. And make every day that you live an opportunity to learn. You are ambassadors for this great institution and for the life-changing power of education.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Fairgoers can celebrate WVU’s 150th at 2017 State Fair of West Virginia
- Huggins announces staff reorganization
- Positive experiences turn campers into students at WVU
- WVU alumni establish science and engineering scholarships for West Virginia students
- WVU’s experimental journalism project focused on Appalachia reaches international milestone