While none of us could have planned ahead for a global pandemic, WVU is working quickly to make the necessary adjustments to ensure the safety and success of our community members. We know that Mountaineers are resilient, but University leaders are creating and compiling resources to ease your transition during this unprecedented situation.Provost’s Messages Coronavirus Website
We remain focused on student and faculty success.
Even though it is not “business as usual” at WVU, we are working hard to ensure the success of our faculty and students – both this semester and into the future. Take time to browse the information and resources below and let us know how we can help.
STUDENT SUCCESSHP/P/F Grading for Spring 2020
The WVU Office of the Provost has selected 12 projects for the spring semester Strategic
Transformation challenge. The recipients of the $1,500 Transform This! Challenge
Grants will begin work immediately and share their results on our website.
CONNECTING WVU TO
THE STATE AND BEYOND
At WVU, we take our land-grant mission to heart, and we are committed to serving as an engine for local, regional and global innovation and economic growth. Our faculty, staff and students are engaging in projects that provide solutions to real-world problems.
WVU Extension Service
experts are located in every county, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.Read More : WVU Extension Service
Global Affairs at WVU
is expanding our international reach and helping the university become the gateway between West Virginia and the world.Read More : Global Affairs at WVU
Our Centers & Institutes
offer interdisciplinary experiences and community-engagement opportunities for students, faculty and area residents.Read More : Our Centers and Institutes
And celebrating our wins.
WVU is proud of its R1 classification and the faculty and students who conduct ground-breaking research. Our office is always looking for new ways to connect faculty and students to research opportunities and to bring more resources to our campuses.
WVU Research Office Research Week Internal Awards Centers & Institutes
News & Events
- Apr10 All Day Spring Holiday before Easter
- Apr136:00 PM - 7:30 PMVirtual Conversation on First-Gen Student Issues (April 13, 6-7:30 pm)
- May1 All Day Last Day of Classes for Spring 2020
- May4 All Day Finals for Spring 2020
- May12 All Day Primary Election (University is closed.)
- WVU students win top prize in first virtual West Virginia Business Plan Competition
- Atiles named WVU's dean of Extension and engagement
- WVU eases renewal scholarship requirements in light of academic changes amid COVID-19 outbreak
- WVU to temporarily suspend in-person classes after spring break, move to online model
- WVU reminds spring break travelers to take precautions against COVID-19