Rethinking Academics at WVU
In December 2020, President Gordon Gee issued a charge to the campus community to transform our University to ensure its relevance and prominence now and in the future. As part of that effort, the Office of the Provost is leading a process to rethink and transform the University’s academic programs and student support services.Learn More About Academic Transformation
Adjusting amid a global pandemic
While none of us could have planned ahead for a global pandemic, WVU has been making the necessary adjustments to ensure the safety and success of our community members. While we know that Mountaineers are resilient, University leaders have created resources and processes to provide support during this unprecedented situation.Provost’s Messages Return to Campus Website Faculty Adjustments for COVID-19
We remain focused on student and faculty success.
While it hasn't been “business as usual” at WVU for the last year, we are working hard to ensure the success of our faculty and students – now and into the future. Take time to browse the information and resources below and let us know how we can help.
research Mvp Awards
Join us as we celebrate a final round of Most Valuable Player (MPV) Awards. This last group honors WVU's Research MVPs, who contributed important COVID-19-related research since the onset of the pandemic.
CONNECTING WVU TO
THE STATE AND BEYOND
At WVU, we take our land-grant mission to heart, and we are committed to serving as an engine for local, regional and global innovation and economic growth. Our faculty, staff and students are engaging in projects that provide solutions to real-world problems.
WVU Extension Service
experts are located in every county, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.Read More : WVU Extension Service
Global Affairs at WVU
is expanding our international reach and helping the university become the gateway between West Virginia and the world.Read More : Global Affairs at WVU
Our Centers & Institutes
offer interdisciplinary experiences and community-engagement opportunities for students, faculty and area residents.Read More : Our Centers and Institutes
And celebrating our wins.
WVU is proud of its R1 classification and the faculty and students who conduct ground-breaking research. Our office is always looking for new ways to connect faculty and students to research opportunities and to bring more resources to our campuses.
WVU Research Office Research Week Internal Awards Centers & Institutes
News & Events
- Nov16 All Day Last Day to Drop a Class and last Day to Withdraw from the University
- Nov20 All Day Thanksgiving Break/Fall Recess
- Dec9 All Day Last day of classes for the Fall term
- Dec10 All Day Prep Day for finals
- Dec13 All Day Finals Week
- Game on: WVU prepping launch of esports minor alongside development of new esports team, top player already representing the gold and blue
- Gee: WVU to establish first-of-its-kind Purpose Institute, charting new path for innovation and leadership in higher education
- Poore celebrates collaboration and teamwork, encourages intentionality and resolve in State of Diversity address
- WVU Tech expands middle-school computer science programs thanks to Toyota grant
- WV KIDS COUNT selects WVPEC Executive Director Peduto as 2021 Education Champion of Children