Rethinking Academics at WVU
In December 2020, President Gordon Gee issued a charge to the campus community to transform our University to ensure its relevance and prominence now and in the future. As part of that effort, the Office of the Provost is leading a process to rethink and transform the University’s academic programs and student support services.Learn More About Academic Transformation
Adjusting amid a global pandemic
While none of us could have planned ahead for a global pandemic, WVU has been making the necessary adjustments to ensure the safety and success of our community members. While we know that Mountaineers are resilient, University leaders have created resources and processes to provide support during this unprecedented situation.Provost’s Messages Return to Campus Website COVID-19 Planning Groups
We remain focused on student and faculty success.
While it hasn't been “business as usual” at WVU for the last year, we are working hard to ensure the success of our faculty and students – now and into the future. Take time to browse the information and resources below and let us know how we can help.
research Mvp Awards
Join us as we celebrate a final round of Most Valuable Player (MPV) Awards. This last group honors WVU's Research MVPs, who contributed important COVID-19-related research since the onset of the pandemic.
CONNECTING WVU TO
THE STATE AND BEYOND
At WVU, we take our land-grant mission to heart, and we are committed to serving as an engine for local, regional and global innovation and economic growth. Our faculty, staff and students are engaging in projects that provide solutions to real-world problems.
WVU Extension Service
experts are located in every county, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.Read More : WVU Extension Service
Global Affairs at WVU
is expanding our international reach and helping the university become the gateway between West Virginia and the world.Read More : Global Affairs at WVU
Our Centers & Institutes
offer interdisciplinary experiences and community-engagement opportunities for students, faculty and area residents.Read More : Our Centers and Institutes
And celebrating our wins.
WVU is proud of its R1 classification and the faculty and students who conduct ground-breaking research. Our office is always looking for new ways to connect faculty and students to research opportunities and to bring more resources to our campuses.
WVU Research Office Research Week Internal Awards Centers & Institutes
News & Events
- Aug6 All Day Last day of classes for summer 2021
- Aug16 All Day General Registration
- Aug18 All Day Classes Begin for Fall 2021
- Aug24 All Day Last Day to Register, Add new courses, Make Section changes, Change Pas/Fail and Audit
- Sep6 All Day Labor Day Recess: University Closed
- COVID-19 shapes future of accessibility services at WVU
- A new initiative aims to bridge the gap between science and policy, names inaugural faculty fellows
- WVU Board of Governors approves 2022 budget, tuition rates
- New leaders named in John Chambers College of Business and Economics and Start-up West Virginia as Reyes departs for new role at UIC
- WVU to fully reopen campuses for fall 2021 semester