While none of us could have planned ahead for a global pandemic, WVU has been making the necessary adjustments to ensure the safety and success of our community members. While we know that Mountaineers are resilient, University leaders are creating resources and processes to ease your transition back to campus during this unprecedented situation.Provost’s Messages Return to Campus Website COVID-19 Planning Groups
We remain focused on student and faculty success.
Even though it is not “business as usual” at WVU, we are working hard to ensure the success of our faculty and students – both this semester and into the future. Take time to browse the information and resources below and let us know how we can help.
CONNECTING WVU TO
THE STATE AND BEYOND
At WVU, we take our land-grant mission to heart, and we are committed to serving as an engine for local, regional and global innovation and economic growth. Our faculty, staff and students are engaging in projects that provide solutions to real-world problems.
WVU Extension Service
experts are located in every county, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.Read More : WVU Extension Service
Global Affairs at WVU
is expanding our international reach and helping the university become the gateway between West Virginia and the world.Read More : Global Affairs at WVU
Our Centers & Institutes
offer interdisciplinary experiences and community-engagement opportunities for students, faculty and area residents.Read More : Our Centers and Institutes
And celebrating our wins.
WVU is proud of its R1 classification and the faculty and students who conduct ground-breaking research. Our office is always looking for new ways to connect faculty and students to research opportunities and to bring more resources to our campuses.
WVU Research Office Research Week Internal Awards Centers & Institutes
News & Events
- Nov3 All Day General Election (No classes)
- Nov20 All Day Last Day to drop a class and Last Day to withdraw from the University
- Nov24 All Day Last day of face to face instruction
- Nov25 All Day Thanksgiving Break(Fall Break)
- Nov30 All Day Week of Online Classes
- WVU will offer additional in-person instruction this spring
- WVU announces next steps in efforts to address campus racial inequities
- WVU receives $25 million gift to support outdoor economic development, develop new remote worker program
- WVU to resume in-person classes after temporary pause
- WVU adapts and plans for the future amid COVID-19 response