Rethinking Academics at WVU
In December 2020, President Gordon Gee issued a charge to the campus community to transform our University to ensure its relevance and prominence now and in the future. As part of that effort, the Office of the Provost is leading a process to rethink and transform the University’s academic programs and student support services.Learn More About Academic Transformation
Launching a new year amid COVID-19
While none of us could have planned ahead for a global pandemic, WVU has been making the necessary adjustments to ensure the safety and success of our community members. While we know that Mountaineers are resilient, University leaders have created resources and processes to provide support during this unprecedented situation.Provost’s Messages Return to Campus Website COVID-19 Planning Groups
We remain focused on student and faculty success.
Even though it is not “business as usual” at WVU, we are working hard to ensure the success of our faculty and students – both this semester and into the future. Take time to browse the information and resources below and let us know how we can help.
CONNECTING WVU TO
THE STATE AND BEYOND
At WVU, we take our land-grant mission to heart, and we are committed to serving as an engine for local, regional and global innovation and economic growth. Our faculty, staff and students are engaging in projects that provide solutions to real-world problems.
WVU Extension Service
experts are located in every county, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.Read More : WVU Extension Service
Global Affairs at WVU
is expanding our international reach and helping the university become the gateway between West Virginia and the world.Read More : Global Affairs at WVU
Our Centers & Institutes
offer interdisciplinary experiences and community-engagement opportunities for students, faculty and area residents.Read More : Our Centers and Institutes
And celebrating our wins.
WVU is proud of its R1 classification and the faculty and students who conduct ground-breaking research. Our office is always looking for new ways to connect faculty and students to research opportunities and to bring more resources to our campuses.
WVU Research Office Research Week Internal Awards Centers & Institutes
News & Events
- Apr16 All Day Last Day to Drop a Class and Last Day to Withdraw from the University
- May3 All Day Last Day of Classes (Change to calendar)
- May4 All Day Finals Week
- May15 All Day Commencement 2021
- May17 All Day Classes start for Summer Term 2021
- WVU to hold four in-person commencement ceremonies in May
- New initiatives, hires highlight WVU’s commitment to ensuring an inclusive campus
- Lessons from the pandemic: What WVU has learned, accomplished and shared in the year of COVID-19
- WVU provides COVID-19 updates on Rec Center, Commencement and more
- UPDATE: WVU to remain in remote delivery mode for Morgantown campus on Thursday, Feb. 18