TRANSFORMING CULTURE AND ACADEMICS.
WVU Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Maryanne Reed is dedicated to building a community that promotes inclusivity, accountability and innovation.Meet the Provost
Ensuring Academic Quality
and Student Success
The WVU Office of the Provost leads the university’s academic planning and continuous improvement efforts to provide students with top quality programs and experiences that pave the way for their success at WVU and beyond.Undergraduate Education
CELEBRATING AND SUPPORTING FACULTY ACHIEVEMENTS
We know that investing in our academic personnel can transform the institution, so we’re building a system dedicated to inclusion, innovation, recognition and professional development. Our faculty resources website is bookmark-worthy for all WVU faculty.
WVU study investigates rural LGBTQ youth’s motivations for participating in activism
While marriage equality continues to be a big win for the LGBTQ movement since its
passage in the U.S. in 2015, many activists are concerned about what’s next.
CONNECTING WVU TO
THE STATE AND BEYOND
At WVU, we take our land-grant mission to heart, and we are committed to serving as an engine for local, regional and global innovation and economic growth. Our faculty, staff and students are engaging in projects that provide solutions to real-world problems.
WVU Extension Service
experts are located in every county, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.Read More : Example Featurette A
Global Affairs at WVU
is expanding our international reach and helping the university become the gateway between West Virginia and the world.Read More : Example Featurette C
Our Centers & Institutes
offer interdisciplinary experiences and community-engagement opportunities for students, faculty and area residents.Read More : Example Featurette C
And celebrating our wins.
WVU is proud of its R1 classification and the faculty and students who conduct ground-breaking research. Our office is always looking for new ways to connect faculty and students to research opportunities and to bring more resources to our campuses.
News & Events
- Aug21 All Day Classes Start-Fall 2019
- Sep2 All Day Labor Day (Classes are in recess.)
- Sep251:00 PM - 2:00 PMCarnegie Community Engagement Classification Update
- Oct10 All Day Fall Break 2019
- Oct10 All Day Mid Check Grades are due
- WVU Center for Excellence in STEM Education, WV Forward, LIFT celebrate top MakerMinded schools
- Students seek purpose, find path during WVU Welcome Week
- Join WVU and WVU Extension Service for fun and education at the State Fair of West Virginia
- WVU Honors College, Humanities Center announce new leaders
- WVU Extension brings computer science education to rural communities through partnership with Google and National 4-H