To the Members of the WVU Class of 2017—
Earlier this year West Virginia University turned 150. Celebrating our birthday has meant looking back, reflecting on our growth from a small agricultural college to a multi-campus Research One institution and honoring generations of successful graduates. It also means looking forward. We envision many more years of bringing people together and transforming our world for the better. But we don’t have to merely imagine those things. We see them embodied in you. I can’t wait to see where your journey takes you – and how your WVU education will help you change the world. Dream big. Believe with all your heart that knowledge and hard work can turn dreams into destinies. Make your work an expression of love to a world in need. And make every day that you live an opportunity to learn. You are ambassadors for this great institution and for the life-changing power of education.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Start-up companies, emerging technologies to be featured at 6th TransTech Energy Business Development Conference
- WVU ranked one of world’s top universities in high-profile ranking
- WVU awarded grant to develop critical mineral reserves
- LIGO and Virgo make first detection of gravitational waves produced by colliding neutron stars
- West Virginia University Police recognized for safety efforts