Challenge Ambassador: Maryanne Reed, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Public higher education across the country has been in a prolonged state of disruption for several decades, facing declines in enrollment due to changing demographics, reductions in state appropriations, the student debt crisis, and growing skepticism about the value of a college degree.
Team — Higher Education
Community Engagement Collaborative (FUNDING RECIPIENT)
The “Community Engagement Collaborative” will provide mini-grants to support students who will develop and deploy community engagement projects that will provide them with real-world experience and positively impact local communities.
This project was allocated $150,000 by the review panel.
- Bradley Wilson, Director of the Center for Resilient Communities, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
- Dave Olsen, Assistant Director of Digital Marketing Technology, University Relations-Enrollment Management
- David Smith, Teaching Assistant Professor, Reed College of Media
- Kristi Wood-Turner, Director of the Community Engagement, Extension Service
- Gina Baugh, Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
- Facilitator: Greg Dudley, Eberly Family Distinguished Professor and Chemistry Department Chair, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences