Priority 3: Past Timeline
- Research and develop proposed course policy and guideline drafts for:
- Maximum Capacity
- Section Cancellations
- Provost’s Office will review and develop final draft of the Maximum Capacity and Section Cancellation policies for review
- Academic Advisory Committee and Deans Group review and provide feedback on Maximum Capacity and Section Cancellation policies
- Provost’s Office will finalize Maximum Capacity and Section Cancellation policies to present to the Advisory Committee during the last meeting on May 26
Provost presents at the June 25 Board of Governors meeting:
- Academic Transformation Program Review process and timeline update
- Regular five-year BOG Program Review recommendations
- Overview of all programs discontinued through past processes
- Gap analysis and programs identified to grow or create
- Academic mergers and restructuring recommendations
- Instructional efficiencies
- Results of advising audit
- Faculty rewards and recognition update and implementation timeline
- Student success initiatives and implementation timeline
- Non-terminal master’s and PhD program review process update
- Determine implementation plan for Maximum Capacity and Section Cancellation policy implementation
- Begin data collection and analysis of longitudinal section scheduling and performance
Fall 2021-Spring 2022
- Charge colleges to develop and submit policies for minimum course sizes by spring 2022.
- Coordinate with Scheduling and academic units to review course scheduling practices based upon new maximum capacity policy and unit policies.
- Prepare for roll-out of annual reporting to include review of program-level performance in meeting college-level goals and policies beginning in fall 2022.