Background Image for Header:
Academic Standards Resources
This website provides supplemental materials to faculty and students for use in
reporting and appealing violations of WVU's academic standards policy. Before
using any of these materials, faculty and students are urged to consult the full
academic standards policy in the
WVU Undergraduate Catalog or the
WVU Graduate/Professional Catalog.
Violations of research integrity such as allegations of research misconduct including plagiarism, falsification and fabrication of research material, are handled through a separate office and process.
Information for Students and Faculty
- In-depth, step-by-step explanation of the academic appeals processes (including whom to contact for appeals)
- Who do I contact to begin the appeals process?
- WVU-Morgantown Student Conduct Code
- WVU-Beckley Student Handbook (see page 9 for the Student Conduct Code)
- WVU-Keyser Student Conduct Code
Resources for Faculty Only
Academic Dishonesty Reporting Forms are NOT intended for student use. If you are a student wishing to appeal a sanction related to academic dishonesty, consult the contact list above (see "Who reviews academic appeals and how do I contact them?") and send them an email stating that you wish to appeal a sanction.
Academic Dishonesty Reporting Forms do NOT notify students that they have been charged with academic dishonesty; they are for data collection and appeal processing only. Instructors are required to notify students via email. See below for email templates.
- Academic Dishonesty Reporting Form - Instructor or Discoverer
- Academic Dishonesty Reporting Form - Appeal Reviewers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Email Templates – These email templates are to be tailored to the specific facts and circumstances of each case. Please check back periodically for the most recent version.